The 5K is on Friday and the Cycle Tour is on Saturday!
5K Run & 40K-65K-100K Bicycle Tour
1) Parking will be at the Don Montgomery Park / Optimist Park area, 500 US 52 North in Albemarle. Overflow parking will be at the American Fiber and Finishing employee lot.
2) Registration tent will be open by 5:30 p.m. Arrive early to check in, get race number, and loosen up.
3) Start line is approximately 250 yards north of the registration area. Arrive early enough to check in and allow time to walk to the starting area.
4) Spectators and family members are encouraged to bring yard chairs or other comfortable seating. Limited bleacher space will be available at the finish line area.
5) A concession stand will be open at the Optimist Park ballfield for family members and spectators.
6) Water, fruit, and snacks (including peanut butter and banana sandwiches…Elvis’s favorite!!) will be available at the finish line area.
7) An awards ceremony will be held immediately upon completion of the race.
Finish Line Instructions: You will be given a note card with your finishing place on it as you cross the finish line. You must turn the card in at the scorers table at the end of the fnish line to get your time registered.
Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt or shorts. Bandit/Weasel Running Will Not Be Tolerated. If you did not properly register for the race, do not participate. Doing so is disrespectful to the running community.
Rest Rooms: Three porto johns will be available next to the little league field. Also, the public restroom that is next to the basketball courts will be open.
1) Race is scheduled to start and finish at City Lake Park in Albemarle.
2) Registration table will open by 7:00 a.m. Arrive early to check in.
3) Police lead car will escort riders from the parking lot to the Albemarle City Limits.
4) After leaving the Albemarle City Limits, riders are to FOLLOW ALL NC TRAFFIC LAWS, including stop signs and signals, and exhibit safe and courteous practices.
5) Four rest stops are provided along the route. Rest stops will have fruit, water, gatorade, and snacks (including Elvis’s favorite foods!!)
6) The route will be marked with signage and by pavement paint. All riders will receive cue sheets at check in.
7) Hot dogs, chips, soft drinks, water, and gatorade will be available to all riders at the completion of the route. All cyclists and runners will receive goody bags with information on area attractions and other rides and races, as well as a $1 off coupon for admission to the Elvis at the Lake tribute concert on Saturday night at City Lake Park in Albemarle.
The first 100 that pre-registered will receive Cool-Max tee shirts. Participants registered for both events will receive ONE tee shirt.
All proceeds from these events will benefit the Roger F. Snyder Greenway Fund for the City of Albemarle.
Anyone wishing to donate to this fund may do so at: Roger F. Snyder Greenway Fund c/o Albemarle Parks and Recreation P.O. Box 190 Albemarle NC 28002 Donations are tax-deductable.
THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THE TOUR DE ELVIS II!!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN IN FUTURE YEARS!!!